Course DescriptionThis is an introductory course on the basic principals of pneumatics. Students do not need any special level of science or math to take this course, as the instructor will present this material in applied terms. The emphasis on this course is to give the student the knowledge to understand pneumatic components and systems and to be able to test and troubleshoot individual components, circuits or entire systems. This course will cover the identification and operation of pneumatic components as well as pneumatic blue prints. Pneumatic blue prints and Pneumatic Simulation Software will be used to demonstrate and explain all pneumatic components, circuits and principals.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic pneumatic principles including force, pressure, air transmission and the gas laws.
- Identify the symbols of pneumatic components.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the major components in an industrial pneumatic system including compressors, pressure control, flow control and directional control valves, actuators and air preparation systems
- Demonstrate the ability to design a control circuit for a simple machine.
- Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot a pneumatic control system
- Identify all components in a circuit diagram
- Explain the components in pneumatic air preparation.
- Identify the ports in a valve and explain their function.
- Identify problems in a pneumatic circuit.