Human Resources Professional Exam Prep
|Dates:||July 13 - August 19, 2020 Other Dates|
|Meets:||M and W from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM 12 sessions|
There are still openings remaining at this time.
Learn about the world of today's Human Resource Management and prepare for the PHR ® Exam throughout this online course. This HR management course weaves together human resource principles, timely research and recent events, such as the latest rise in unemployment and financial problems facing the U.S. and other countries. This course highlights important challenges facing managers and employees in today's business climate. Interesting case studies explore real companies and organizations in-depth and delve into some of today's most effective, unique approaches in dealing with HR issues. In addition, this course provides study materials to help prepare for the PHR ® Exam. The PHR ® Exam Study Guide will be utilized throughout the course to supplement the Human Resource Management textbook and provide review materials for exam prep. Upon completion of this course, students will have the skills necessary to serve as Human Resource Managers, as well as the preparation needed to sit for the PHR ® exam.
- Lesson 1: HR's Roles, Strategy, and Planning
- Lesson 2: Equal Employment and Discrimination
- Lesson 3: Workforce, Jobs, and Retention
- Lesson 4: Staffing: Recruiting and Selection
- Lesson 5: Training, Talent Management, and Career Development
- Lesson 6: Performance Management and Appraisal
- Lesson 7: Total Rewards and Compensation
- Lesson 8: Variable Pay, Executive Compensation, and Benefits
- Lesson 9: Risk Management, Worker Protection, and Employee Relations
- Lesson 10: Union/Management Relations and Grievances